Thank you for visiting the new Canvas Discount website – we hope you enjoy your shopping experience with us. By browsing and purchasing items from this website you are automatically agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site as set out below. We therefore recommend that you read through these and contact us if you have any concerns regarding its content. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions use of our website is not permitted.
Lowest Prices on the Web Guarantee
We are never knowingly beaten on price. We endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible value and service on our wide range of high quality art materials. If you do manage to find the same product at a lower price on a UK website just send us an email with details of where you have seen it and we will match and amend the price on your order. If you find a lower price within seven days of your purchase from Canvas Discount’s we will credit your account for the difference.
*excludes clearance items, auction sites, non UK owned websites, and promotions exceeding 45% discount of RRP.
All prices listed on our website are inclusive of VAT with the exception of VAT exempt products such as books. If you are purchasing goods to be delivered outside of the EU you are not required to pay VAT and this will be removed from your order total during the checkout process.
Use of the Website
When registering as a customer and logging in you must ensure that all the information you provide is true and accurate and as complete as possible. You agree not to use a false name or register as someone else without that person’s prior knowledge and permission.
Please contact us if any of your personal data changes.
All content (text and images) on canvasciscount.co.uk is the property of CanvasDiscount. Permission is granted to reproduce text and images found on canvasciscount.co.uk for personal and educational use only. Commercial copying, hiring, lending is prohibited. Any infringement of these rights will be investigated.
Canvas Discount’s reserves the right to modify or withdraw (both temporarily or permanently) any amount of the website with or without prior warning.
If modifications are made without prior notification to our customers, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that they are aware of such changes, and by continuing to purchase affected goods you are expressing your acceptance of these changes. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website and contact us.
Suitability for use
Whilst Canvas Discount's take good care to maintain the highest of standards of quality in their products, it is however the customers responsibility to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for their particular requirements and that the goods arrive in an acceptable condition. Many of our products are made from natural substances whose behaviour can vary in different environments. Their structure can also vary according to the process used in their assembly. Canvas Discount's strive to maintain consistency and continuity in these matters and in no circumstances will entertain claims for the value of work alleged to have been adversely affected by use of any our products which prove to be unsatisfactory to the user. Our liability is therefore confined to the value of the goods alone.
All personal information entered into our website when an order is made is treated in the strictest confidence, with certain exceptions as set out below. All your information will be retained on a secure server purely for use in relation to the processing of your order.
When you make an order on the Canvas Discount’s Art Supplies website, we will ask you for your:
Address (Billing and Delivery)
Contact Telephone Number
Card Payment details
Any delivery instructions
Any personal information is held confidentially. We will only use your information for the following purposes:
1. To process an order.
On occasion Canvas Discount's will request our suppliers to send items ordered directly to the customer. In order for this to happen address and contact details may be passed on to the supplier. In these instances we insist that all data is treated by the supplier in accordance with UK Data Protection laws and is not used for any purpose other than to send orders. In this situation the supplier is employed by Canvas Discount's as a data processor and as such they have no ownership or control over your details. All data is handled in the stirctest confidence and is not passed to any third party.
2. To administer the website
3. With consent, to inform you of any products or special offers that may be of interest to you, via our email newsletter. If you do not wish to receive our email newsletter, please ensure that you have informed us by making sure that the appropriate box is unchecked as you go through the check out stages. If you change your mind please let us know by sending a blank email with the subject header ‘REMOVE’ to email@example.com
4.To collect feedback via Feefo (more information below)
Who are Feefo?
We currently employ an independent review company called Feefo to email customers on our behalf, asking for feedback on both service and the products they have purchased. This is to help us improve customer satisfaction.
How does it work?
Once you place your order with us, Feefo will send you an email, requesting feedback on the products and service you have received from Canvas Discount's Art Supplies. Feefo will not contact you for any other reason. Their role within Canvas Discount's Art Supplies' organisation is one of Data Processor, and as such they have no control over your contact details. Feefo are employed by Canvas Discount's Art Supplies (the Data Controller) to use your contact details solely for the purpose of requesting feedback. Your feedback will appear on the Canvas Discount's Art Supplies section of Feefo.com as well as on www.canvasdiscount.co.uk (as part of the product information for the product that you have reviewed). All feedback remains anonymous online, although Canvas Discount's staff are able to access your contact details so that they can respond to feedback where necessary.
How can they be trusted with my data?
Feefo are not a third party and have no ownership over the information passed to them. The data remains 100% secure. Feefo work with a large number of highly reputable online stores and have consistently proven to help online stores, including Canvas Discount's Art Supplies, raise their online presence as well as inform customers of the real standard of service and products supplied, as reported by fellow customers with a 100% impartial opinion.
I do not wish to be contacted by Feefo, yet I still wish to buy my art materials from Canvas Discount's. Is this possible?
Yes. There is no obligation to provide feedback - each email they they send will invite you to opt out should you wish to. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can also instruct Feefo to stop contacting you.
Third Party data disclosure
The Information Commissioner's Office states that:
Third party, in relation to personal data, means any person other than –
(a) the data subject,
(b) the data controller, or
(c) any data processor or other person authorised to process data for the data controller or processor
Canvas Discount's Art Supplies will never give any customer data to any third party.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled to do so.
Cookies and server sessions are used on this shopping site to optimise the efficiency and ease of use of Canvas Canvasdiscount.co.uk - if you require more information relating to this please e-mail email@example.com.
Contract Creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
· You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
· We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered.
· As your product is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
· The completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have changed or cancelled the order by contacting us within 24 hours of placing the order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
· The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
· Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
· The identification of a pricing or product description error.
· You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
All correspondence throughout the order process will be conducted in english.
Back Orders and Special order items
If your item is not in stock, we will attempt to contact you. Your order may be delayed for up to 48hrs if we are expecting a delivery of the goods to our warehouse. Alternatively, if you wish, the out of stock item will be sent on at a later date, or you may choose an alternate item or it can be cancelled from your order. Out of stock items will be charged for at the time of the submitting of the order (unlike telephone and postal orders), but can be refunded for on request if the delay deems the products in question to be no longer required.
The estimated delivery dates shown on the website are derived from the estimated date of the next delivery due from the manufacturer of the product. This does not guarantee that the manufacturer has sufficient stock of this item and will deliver the item on this date.
Some items listed on our website are marked as ‘special order’ items and such products are not kept at our warehouse/s. If you choose to purchase one of these items there is likely to be a delay on your whole order until the special order item has arrived from our suppliers.
If you are looking for an item produced by a manufacturer that supplies other products that are for sale on our website, please get in touch as we may be able to special order the item in for you.
Credit/Debit Card Payment
We accept the following credit and debit cards as payment: Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Maestro, Solo. We do not currently accept American Express.
Canvas Discount's Art Supplies will take payment at the time of ordering (online)including for items on back order (payment is processed on dispatch for orders submitted by telephone or by post). A refund and cancellation may be obtained at any time. If you are shopping from outside of the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency. All transactions will be charged in pounds sterling and will be converted at the then current applicable exchange rate by your credit card company.
Orders by Post
If you wish to pay by cheque you will need to send your order in by post. You can write the order out on plain paper or print off a blank order form from the web site. Please make the cheque out to Canvas Discount's Art Supplies. The processing time will be delayed by however long it takes for the order to reach us. Alternatively you can phone or email the order through and we will issue you with an order reference number once the order is on our computerized system. We will ask you to write the order reference number on the back of your cheque.
The address to send orders to is: Canvas Discount’s Art Supplies, 1 Farleigh Place, London, N16 7SX, UK.
Value Added Tax at a rate of 20% is added to all orders within the EU. For customers outside of the EU VAT will be removed.
When taking goods out of the UK that were purchased for use outside the UK and if the goods leave the country within three months of the purchase, you can claim back the VAT you paid. You pay the VAT, fill out a form you request from us, take the goods through customs at the airport, they inspect the goods and post us back the form. It can take up to three months for them to process the paperwork and send it to us. When we receive the form from them we will refund the VAT. We now charge a £5.00 administration fee for the paperwork for this service. If this pertains to you please ask about this at the time you place an order.
We are happy to issue credit notes or refunds for any items with proof of purchase from Canvas Discount’s Art Supplies that are returned in a saleable condition within 28 days of the receipt of your order. The return of such items is the full responsibility of the customer, and the goods must be securely packaged to ensure that they arrive back to us undamaged. Short-falls or order errors should be registered within 7 days.
We offer discounts for large orders. This is on a case-by-case basis but usually starts when the order reaches £150 and may not include all parts of the order. Teachers, art groups and professional artists often take advantage of this policy. Art groups can club together an order, so long as it is going to a single address in a single box.
Our Loyalty Scheme
Don't Forget! At Canvas Discount's we like to thank our customers with our loyalty points scheme. Every order you place with us will acumulate points that can be redeemed against future orders, giving you even more value for money.
Descriptions of Products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted by us. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. In the unlikely event that a price has been entered incorrectly on the website our customer service team will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the correct price. You are under no obligation to continue with the order.
1. Gift vouchers can be exchanged for all goods sold by Canvas Discount’s Art Supplies when posted in with an order. When an order is placed over the phone our sales rep will ask you for the handwritten number on the voucher you have received. Gift vouchers may also be redeemed in person at our sales counter at Farleigh Place, N16.
2. To redeem Gift Vouchers online please enter the code which appears on back of the voucher, in the "promotional code" field. Please note, only gift vouchers which were purchased after 22 March 2012 can be entered this way. Gift Vouchers purchased before this date will need to be entered in the "order comments" field after entering credit/debit card details for the full value of the order. The total will be adjusted manually, in the office before invoicing.
3. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
4. If your order’s value is less than the value of the gift vouchers you are using as payment, then a credit of the difference will be issued on your account for use as payment on subsequent orders.
5. Once you have given us the number of your gift voucher in relation to a payment of an order that gift voucher has been used and you will not be able to use the voucher again. For this reason we advise that you destroy all redeemed vouchers to avoid confusion.
6. If your gift vouchers have become accidentally damaged or lost, please contact customer services with details of the original purchase (date/postcode or customer number of purchaser) and we will be able to issue you duplicates.
7. If you decide to return the items you purchased with your gift vouchers, you will not receive a cash refund. A credit note will be issued on your account for subsequent orders. As with all returns, if you received the item in good condition but have changed your mind, it is the responsibility of the customer to secure a safe return and that the item/s is/are received by Canvas Discount’s Art Supplies in a saleable condition. If a secure return is unsuccessful then you may not receive a full refund/credit for the goods.
8. Gift vouchers are valid for 2 years from date of issue.